Accounting and advisory association, HLB Mann Judd, has appointed several new partners and directors, including a new managing partner for Insolvency WA, Greg Quin.
HLB Mann Judd Australasian Association chair, Tony Fittler, said the number of new appointments – seven in total – across several firms within the network demonstrates its strong growth and depth of talent. In addition to Insolvency WA, the Perth, Sydney, Wollongong and Auckland firms have all made senior appointments.
“Amid trying market conditions, the number of appointments illustrates our commitment to nurturing our people by providing them with professional development opportunities at the most senior level.
“The next six to 12 months will be challenging for Australian businesses as our economy enters a phase of real uncertainty. For professional service firms like ours, having the right people in the right roles will ensure our clients are strategically and financially positioned to manage the current and future challenges,” he said.
Commenting on the appointment of Mr Quin in particular, Mr Fittler said he brings both established referral relationships and strong leadership skills into the role of managing partner.
“Given the economic outlook, insolvency will likely be an area to experience high demand and require specialist capabilities. Greg will be a steady hand and provide senior counsel and guidance to the Insolvency WA firm.
“Greg’s appointment demonstrates how important the insolvency division is to the continuing success of the firm, and I have the utmost faith in Greg’s ability to deliver results as he transitions from partner to managing partner,” he said.
Mr Quin has been a partner at HLB Mann Judd Insolvency WA since 2021, and has over 14 years of corporate and personal insolvency experience. He primarily specialises in voluntary administrations, creditors’ voluntary liquidations and bankruptcies.
He is a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and a Professional Member of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association.
In addition to the appointment of Mr Quin, other partner and director appointments include:
- Gaurav Chitnis joins HLB Mann Judd Perth as partner for the tax consulting division. Mr Chitnis has over 17 years’ experience as a tax adviser in the small to medium size businesses sector. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Curtin University, with a major in accounting and finance, as well as a Juris Doctor from The University of Western Australia. He is also a Certified Practicing Accountant, Certified Tax Adviser, and a CPD Committee member of The Taxation Institute.
- David Healy has been promoted to partner within the Perth firm’s corporate and audit services division. Mr Healy began his career in Ireland before joining HLB Mann Judd in 2009. A Chartered Accountant, he is heavily involved in the audits of numerous WA listed companies and large private companies across a range of industries including resources, not-for-profit, manufacturing, building and construction, finance, and technology.
- David Prescott has been promoted to director within the Perth business advisory services division. Mr Prescott is a Chartered Accountant with over 15 years’ experience and exposure to a broad range of industries. He also has two years’ experience working as a management accountant in the United Kingdom.
- Dylan D’Costa has been promoted to partner within the Auckland firm. Mr D’Costa has over 12 years’ experience and has been at HLB Mann Judd since 2011. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Graduate Diploma in Commerce, Accounting and Commercial Law from the University of Auckland.
- Prue Cheeseman-Goodes has been promoted to director within the Sydney wealth management division. Ms Cheeseman-Goodes has more than 13 years’ financial planning experience, and has been at HLB Mann Judd since 2010. She is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Masters of Financial Planning from Kaplan Professional as well as a Bachelor of Business with distinctions from the University of Technology Sydney.
- Vince Cardamone has been promoted to associate for the Wollongong business advisory and tax consulting services division. Mr Cardamone has been at HLB Mann Judd since 2007, with over 15 years’ experience in business advisory, taxation, and structuring advice. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Wollongong.
The appointments are effective from 1 July 2023.
HLB Mann Judd is an Australasian association of independent advisory and accounting firms, with member firms in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji.
For more information please contact:
07 3001 8800