Katherine Patel is a partner in Business Advisory and Tax Consulting divisions and works alongside large businesses and high net worth individuals both on and offshore.
Katherine's aim is to provide hands on practical advice from business growth and development to daily operational issues, as and when they arise. Katherine has a high level of commitment to clients and provides a dedicated and personalised level of service to assist businesses to navigate and understand various compliance and taxation issues. Katherine provides practical advice and guidance to organisations on tax efficient structures and business operational issues across multiple jurisdictions.
Katherine's large family business clients utilise her board of advice services to provide guidance and structure in their businesses. Discussion topics include strategic matters including business growth and expansion options, business exit options including maximising profit on sale. Second generation business successors, including estate and succession planning discussions. Business operational matters including management remuneration and incentives, recruitment, corporate governance, finance review and cashflow management. These discussions allow clients to maximise on opportunities and achieve their future goals.
Areas of expertise
- Offshore capital acquisitions
- Business acquisition reviews
- Strategic planning & research on business development and growth
- Financial service industry compliance requirements
- Internal management reporting and taxation compliance requirements
- Foreign residents taxation requirements
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Business (Major Professional Accounting) - QUT
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand