Chew is a dually qualified Chartered Accountant and Solicitor with over 20 years’ experience in enterprise risk management, governance, compliance, strategic advice and multi-jurisdictional corporate restructuring/change management, as well as cross-border international financing and corporate advisory transactions in Australia, Asia and Europe.
Chew is focused on solutions-based advice for private and public sector organisations, providing risk management, financial advisory, credit risk, assurance, probity/procurement and strategic advice to financial institutions, government agencies and large corporates, along with providing independent operational, regulatory, compliance and complex commercial problem-solving services to Senior Management, Executive Management Teams and Boards.
Chew previously worked for an international investment bank in Hong Kong, focusing on corporate & investment banking and mergers & acquisitions transactions in the Asia Pacific region as well as providing legal, credit risk, compliance, operational and regulatory advice.
Chew has worked on some of the largest and most complex corporate restructuring and risk advisory transactions whilst working for an international investment bank in London/Hong Kong and also a leading global independent provider of restructuring, financial and corporate advisory services in London.
Previously in Australia, Chew worked for one of Australia’s leading independent financial advisory and restructuring firms.
Areas of expertise
- Risk Advisory
- Banking and Finance
- Mining and Resources
- Property and Construction
- Retail and Manufacturing
- Hospitality, Tourism and Sport
Qualifications & memberships
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Member, International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL International)
- Accredited Queensland Government QGP00050-18 Probity Practitioner