Accounting and advisory association, HLB Mann Judd, has announced partner and director appointments across its Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne firms, effective from tomorrow, 1 July.
The appointments are within the network’s wealth management, business advisory and tax divisions.
In Adelaide, Peter Wirtz has been made partner in the tax division.
Mr Wirtz has 20 years’ experience in professional services and industry throughout Australia, South Africa, Brazil, China and Japan, and has been a tax director in the Adelaide firm since 2020. He provides tax consulting services to Australian-based companies, ranging from start up to multinational in size. Mr Wirtz specialises in the field of R&D tax incentives and grants to help companies meet their innovation and commercial objectives.
According to HLB Mann Judd Australasian Association chair, Tony Fittler, Mr Wirtz’s promotion reflects an environment where businesses of all sizes require quality, timely advice.
“Peter has a distinguished tax career in Australia and around the world. His experience, leadership and contribution to the Adelaide firm has been invaluable.
“I congratulate Peter on his appointment as partner. Clients benefit from his expertise and experience on tax-related matters, particularly in the important area of R&D tax incentives,” he said.
In addition to Mr Wirtz’s promotion to the partnership, there are also several new director appointments, including:
- Lindzi Caputo has been appointed as director within the Sydney wealth management division. Ms Caputo has been with the firm for 13 years, having joined as a graduate accountant in 2009. Since becoming a wealth adviser in 2016, Ms Caputo has assisted a wide range of private clients to build and protect their wealth. Ms Caputo holds a Bachelor of Business from the University of Technology Sydney, is an Authorised Financial Planner© and a qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Amy Wark has been promoted as director within the Melbourne firm’s tax consulting team. Ms Wark has been employed with HLB Mann Judd for the past eight years and prior to this, she was a tax manager with a national mid-tier firm. Ms Wark holds a Bachelor of Commerce/ Arts from the University of Melbourne, and is a qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Ms Giramondo has been with the firm for 13 years, having joined in 2009 as a graduate accountant. Ms Giramondo works with small to medium sized businesses, predominately private family owned and operated. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce from La Trobe University and is a qualified Chartered Accountant
- Mr Uphill has been with HLB Mann Judd for the past nine years, most recently a manager within the business advisory services division for five years, and previously worked as an accountant with a boutique Melbourne-based firm. Mr Uphill holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University and is a qualified Chartered Accountant
- Mr Harmstorf has been employed with HLB Mann Judd Melbourne for the past 14 years. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce from La Trobe University and is a qualified Chartered Accountant.
“We are excited to welcome a diverse group of young leaders who focus on strong client relationships across their respective areas of expertise, and it’s pleasing to see their hard work and dedication be rewarded.
“On behalf of HLB Mann Judd, I extend a heartfelt congratulations to the new directors and look forward to seeing their continued professional growth,” said Mr Fittler.
HLB Mann Judd is an Australasian association of independent advisory and accounting firms, with member firms in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji.
For more information please contact:
02 9020 4000