Welcome to the latest edition of our financial reporting publication that aims to keep you in the loop with all the latest accounting and financial reporting developments, and the potential impact they may have on your business.
In this issue we look at why adopting Environmental, Social and Governance (or ESG) measures is becoming more important than ever for businesses of all sizes to thrive in the present and also future proof themselves. We explore recent financial reporting developments that will affect registered charities, and remind readers to take action if they have not yet considered the scrapping of SPFS and what this means for them. We close out the issue with two regulatory updates, including the recent changes to the Corporations Act that modernise the way meetings are held.
In this issue:
- The increasing importance of being an ESG-centric business
- Financial reporting changes for charities
- The end of SPFS for certain entities is here: Are you ready?
- Additional disclosures to be mandated for certain for-profit entities preparing SPFS
- Temporary measures made permanent to modernise meetings under the Corporations Act
- ASIC takes action against companies for financial reporting failings