Matthew Levesque-Hocking has 15 years of informal and formal restructuring experience working in the Client Solutions team at HLB Mann Judd.
Matthew has had experience in a variety of insolvency appointments including voluntary administrations, deeds of company arrangement, provisional & official liquidations, members’ and creditors’ voluntary liquidations, receiverships and personal insolvency as well as various informal restructuring appointments.
Matthew has experience assisting clients and stakeholders in distressed situations across a wide variety of industries including property, mining, manufacturing, hospitality, technology start-ups, professional services and retail.
Matthew attempts to bring a pragmatic and commercial approach to issues facing distressed businesses in order to develop an efficient solutions-based framework to achieve the best outcomes for clients and relevant stakeholders.
Some of Matt’s most significant recent engagements have included:
- Voluntary administration of 22 Entities relating to nine Property Developments sites in NSW & QLD;
- Successful restructure and completion of sale transaction of Lakecoal coal mine in receivership;
- Successful restructure and recapitalisation of Indus Group, a large mining services business in WA through the voluntary administration process;
- Fintech Lender that provided an online platform that provides a marketplace for business borrowers;
- Successful completion of sale agreement and continued trading of Basler Australia, a high-end fashion retail business encompassing numerous retail sites across Australia through voluntary administration;
- Traxion Group, a national manufacturing and maintenance business providing services predominately to the rail industry; and
- Woodhead, a highly regarded architectural firm with offices across Australia and in Singapore.
Areas of expertise
- Informal restructuring
- Business improvement
- Formal Insolvency
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Safe Harbour advice
- Working Capital Management
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) University of Adelaide
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Registered Liquidator