Mariana von-Lucken's expertise includes assisting foreign entities, transfer pricing, advising funds management businesses including private equity funds, and R&D tax concessions.
Mariana is highly regarded by both clients and peers for her problem solving skills and her ability to achieve quick results that are both practical and commercially astute. It is important for Mariana to produce practical outcomes, provide an excellent service, build strong client relationships and add value where possible.
Her expertise covers several broad areas including:
- assisting foreign entities set up their business in Australia;
- advising business vendors and purchasers in relation to the taxation implications that relate to various transactions. This advice has included implications relating to income tax, GST and stamp duty;
- advising businesses in relation to international transfer pricing issues, including tax compliance and documentation;
- R&D concessions for businesses seeking to maximise their entitlements;
- advising clients in relation to taxation matters, such as employee vs contractor provisions and payroll tax;
- advising a wide range of businesses and not-for-profits on strategies for minimising their fringe benefits tax liabilities;
- advising funds management businesses including private equity funds in relation to taxation matters, such as MIT status and TOFA, as well as advice in relation to year end tax distributions.
She currently sits on the Education Committee of the Tax Institute of Australia, is a member of the Women in Tax Committee of the Tax Institute of Australia and is a Board Member of Endometriosis Australia.
Areas of expertise
- Funds Management
- R&D, Early Stage Innovation Companies
- Employee Share Schemes
- Private Equity Funds
- International Tax including Transfer Pricing
- Set up of Foreign Entities
- Capital Gains, Fringe Benefits, Goods and Services Tax
- Business Structuring and Restructuring
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Canberra
- Master of Taxation, University of NSW – ATAX
- Chartered Tax Advisor, The Tax Institute
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Board member, Endometriosis Australia