Jolyon Dare is a highly qualified and seasoned taxation practitioner.
Through ongoing presentation to members of The Tax Institute and ICAA, Jolyon has become recognised as an industry thought leader due to his understanding of commercial taxation matters, particularly those that apply to small to medium-sized businesses. This includes high level expertise in:
- tax consolidation specifically in relation to how corporations treat losses, depreciation deductions, cost bases, franking accounts and inter-company transactions, and more broadly how the tax consolidation regime can help corporations restructure their affairs or pursue growth whilst maximising tax efficiencies;
- transaction advisory services, this typically includes taxation due diligence, through a thorough analysis of historical tax returns and financial statements, to identify tax risks and opportunities associated with a transaction; and
- international taxation, including foreign sourced income, permanent establishment matters and transfer pricing issues.
Areas of expertise
- Business Restructuring and Transactions Advice
- Corporate and International Taxation Issues
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Thin Capitalisation, Controlled Foreign Companies (CFC)
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Fellow, Tax Institute of Australia
- Masters of International Taxation
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand