Guy Brandon joined the firm in May 2012 as a partner to head up its Tax Consulting division. He previously held the position of tax principal for another Perth mid-tier practice.
The addition of Guy to the HLB Mann Judd team enhances the firm’s specialist service offering in the provision of its tax consultancy service. Guy has over 25 years’ commercial experience, with the last 12 years consulting in complex federal and state tax matters. He has also had commercial experience, having worked as a financial controller for various enterprises, and was previously a director of his family’s company. As a result, he brings a practical aspect to his advice.
Guy has a Master of Taxation from Curtin University and is a Chartered Tax Adviser. He has presented seminars for the Taxation Institute of Australia and was a member of the WA State Education Committee for the Institute. He has also been a sessional lecturer at Curtin University and unit controller for Open Universities Australia. Guy also regularly contributes articles to HLB Mann Judd and industry-wide publications on key taxation issues.
In addition to these credentials, Guy has developed an expertise in financial modelling for complex transactions and conducts enterprise and unlisted equity valuations, as well as option valuations for listed companies.
Areas of expertise
- Capital Gains Tax
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business structures and restructuring
- Mining and resources (particularly businesses that service the mining and resources industry)
- Commercial property
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Financial modelling
- Options valuations
Qualifications & memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia
- Masters of Taxation, Curtin University of Technology
- CPA Member, CPA Australia
- Public Practice Certificate, CPA Australia
- Chartered Tax Adviser, The Tax Institute