- Young and dynamic team
- Clear career path with genuine work life balance
- Flexibility to work from home and in the office
Together we make it happen.
YOUR NEW TEAM
HLB Mann Judd is a leading mid-sized advisory and accounting network with a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. Our Melbourne firm, located in the CBD, has a strong client focus on working with SMEs, government entities, privately owned groups and listed companies. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Award wins; we have been repeatedly recognised as ‘Best Accounting & Consulting Services Firm’ by our clients – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
We are members of HLB International, the global advisory and accounting network. HLB has a presence in 157 countries and its firms are committed to the highest quality standards in financial reporting and auditing practices. HLB Mann Judd Melbourne has over 100 employees, so you’ll benefit from a close-knit environment as well as being part of a dynamic international network with access to 1,030 offices worldwide. Our firm is lead by 14 partners who recognise that our people are our strongest asset.
YOUR NEW ROLE
Our Risk Assurance and Consulting team is seeking an Internal Audit/Risk Consultant who is committed to professional growth and who has the professional confidence to interact with a variety of client files. A solid foundation of experience gained in a small, medium or large accounting firm will provide a strong platform on which to further develop your technical and non-technical skills.
Your excellent inter-personal and communication skills will provide you with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally. Possessing a strong client service focus is imperative as is the ability to be completely accountable for your tasks and work productively as part of a small team.
Does this sound like you?
- A minimum of 2 years, however the more the better, of Internal Audit/Risk experience and ability to conduct operational reviews, financial systems reviews, and compliance reviews
- You have worked in professional services/industry previously and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable regularly communicating in client facing roles and delivering high quality work
- Strong written communication skills to prepare internal audit reports
- Bachelor of Accounting / Business / Commerce / Management
- Working toward a post-graduation qualification in CA/CPA/CIA, or possess one already
- Strong attention to detail and committed to meeting deadlines
- Works well as part of a small team and is prepared to contribute wherever required
- Report writing – can articulate observations/findings into detailed reports
- A problem solver with an enquiring mind and can think outside the box
- Experienced in performing reviews independently with oversight from management’
- Possesses a current driver’s license and a motor vehicle
- Prepared to travel to regional Victoria on occasion to complete short engagements.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- Receive on the job training with accessible partners and managers that will guide you through your career.
- Have the right support to complete your CA/CPA/CIA studies including financial assistance and access to a mentor and generous study leave.
- Work in a small team environment – we believe you are more than just a number!
- Work from day one with a broad range of clients.
- Have a genuine work/life balance with paid parental leave and options to purchase additional annual leave.
- Are part of a social and active firm which encourages participation through group activities and events.
- Get involved with the community through regular fundraising and events.
If you are interested in joining the HLB team, apply now! Simply upload a cover letter describing why you’re the best fit for the role, your resume, and a copy of your academic transcripts.
For more information, contact Kristy, our HR Coordinator on 9606 3318.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone screen, due to the volume of applications we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applicants individually.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please note that preferred candidates will be required to undergo a Police Check and VEVO check.