In response to Melbourne’s stage 4 restrictions, the Victorian Government has announced further business support packages.
More specific details will follow but in summary:
1. Support for hospitality – $30 million support fund for hospitality businesses with particular focus on Victoria’s night-time economy. See the following link to register your interest and apply when available.
2. Mental health support – $26 million mental health support package for small business
3. Business mentoring – $10 million business mentoring program, pairing small business owners with experienced professionals who can help them navigate their way through the crisis.
4. Regional tourism support – $40 million fund to help regional tourism businesses to cover refunds and marketing. Eligible operators will be able to claim up to $225 per night for up to five nights for each and every room cancelled due to the return of Stage 3 restrictions, provided they refund the booking in full. See the following link to register your interest and apply when available.
5. Melbourne CBD businesses – $20 million fund for small businesses in Melbourne’s CBD. See the following link to register your interest and apply when available.
6. Additional grants
- $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire in recognition of spending longer under restrictions;
- $5,000 for employing businesses in regional local government areas (except Mitchell Shire).
See the below link to apply until 14 September 2020
7. Payroll tax deferral – Businesses will also benefit from an extended and expanded payroll tax deferral. Eligible businesses with payrolls up to $10 million can defer their liabilities for the first half of the 2020/21 financial year.