At HLB Mann Judd, our vision is to be the most highly regarded advisory and accounting firm through the growth of our people and of our clients. We deliver a wide range of advisory and financial services in addition to audit, accounting, and taxation services to private and publicly listed companies, family businesses, not for profit organisations and individuals.
We have been repeatedly recognised as ‘Best Accounting & Consulting Services Firm (revenue $50 – 200 million)’ at the Client Choice Awards. These awards are testament to our great people building long-standing relationships with our clients and understanding their needs.
The firm is led by 9 partners who recognise that our people are our strongest asset.
- Preparation of tax technical research notes on specific areas of income tax law relating to client assignments.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyse areas of the Income Tax Assessment Acts and other supporting tax literature such as case law, Australian Taxation Office rulings and determinations.
- Responsible for preparation of written tax advice.
- Maintain active communication with clients where appropriate to manage expectations, ensure client satisfaction and make sure deadlines are met for self and team.
- Active involvement in scoping and quoting particular tax consulting assignments.
- Responsible for attendance and presentation of tax advice to clients.
- Supervise and delegate, projects to Managers and Senior Accountants.
- High degree of professional standards and client confidentiality.
- Lead preparation and delivery of tax technical presentations for tax seminars and internal training.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within a Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm
- Relevant degree and CA/CPA qualified
- Proven tax experience with relevant technical knowledge
- Clear and articulate communication skills
- Demonstrated organisational skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent staff management and development skills
What we have to offer:
Some of our benefits include:
- A supportive small team environment- we believe you are more than just a number
- Training and development opportunities
- Work with a broad range of clients
- Accessible partners who will guide you through your career.
- Convenient office location on Eagle Street
- Dress for your Day
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home and access to our work anywhere policy, where you can work from another HLB office in our Australasian network!
- Client and employee referral bonus
- Social functions