- Join a fast growing, diverse, fun and supportive close knit team in an award-winning chartered accounting and advisory firm
- Work with some of Australia’s most interesting, largest and high growth businesses across diverse industries
- Fast paced environment, however genuine work / life balance, flexible work hours & hybrid working
- Tailored continuous on-the-job and formal training to develop your skills as a rounded professional
- The opportunity is arising due to significant growth and to support the continued professional development of existing team members
- Open to both experienced tax professionals and experienced business advisory professionals interested to make a career move into tax consulting – we can support a successful transition
Together we make it happen.
YOUR NEW TEAM
HLB Mann Judd is a leading mid-sized advisory and accounting network with a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. Our Melbourne firm, located in the CBD, has a strong client focus on working with SMEs, government entities, privately owned groups and listed companies. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Award wins; we have been repeatedly recognised as ‘Best Accounting & Consulting Services Firm’ by our clients – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
We are members of HLB International, the global advisory and accounting network. HLB has a presence in 157 countries and its firms are committed to the highest quality standards in financial reporting and auditing practices. HLB Mann Judd Melbourne has over 100 employees, so you’ll benefit from a close-knit environment as well as being part of a dynamic international network with access to 1,030 offices worldwide. Our firm is lead by 14 partners who recognise that our people are our strongest asset.
The Tax Consulting team comprises a close knit team of 10 team members from diverse backgrounds and levels that truly operate as a team, has enjoyed significant year on year growth for over 7 years and is heavily focused on tailored professional development, work / life balance and living the HLB tagline “Together we make it happen.”
YOUR NEW ROLE
Our Tax Consulting Division offers an excellent opportunity for a Senior Tax Consultant or Manager with minimum 3 years’ experience.
The role will allow the successful candidate to work across a diverse range of interesting, fast growing and large client base that requires HLB Man Judd’s assistance with tax planning including across business growth, restructuring, family tax planning and international expansion.
The role will be tax consulting but also with tax compliance focus to support our clients ensure tax planning strategies and risks are properly managed from planning through to tax filings.
Whilst being a tax consulting specialists for a large, mid tier and smaller firm is preferred, we are open to recruiting business advisory specialists that have a genuine interest to specialise in tax consulting.
We are seeking an individual who is committed to professional growth, is undertaking the CA program (if not already qualified), enjoys working in a team environment and who has the professional confidence to interact with a variety of client files.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING WITH YOU
- 3+ years’ experience in public practice in either a tax or business services role
- Strong desire for professional development
- A real team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Enjoys engaging with others – peers and clients
- Professionalism with a passion for tax
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- Unlimited career advancement opportunity
- Receive on the job training with accessible partners and managers that will guide you through your career.
- Have the right support to complete your CA studies including financial assistance, CA master class, access to a mentor and generous study leave (HLB is RTE – no need for CA log books).
- Work in a small team environment – we believe you are more than just a number!
- Work from day one with a broad range of clients.
- Have a genuine work/life balance with paid parental leave and options to purchase additional annual leave.
- Are part of a social and active firm which encourages participation through group activities and events.
- Get involved with the community through regular fundraising and events.
If you are interested in joining the HLB team, apply now! Simply upload a cover letter describing why you’re the best fit for the role, your resume, and a copy of your academic transcripts.
For more information, contact Kristy, our HR Coordinator on 9606 3318.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone screen, due to the volume of applications we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applicants individually.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.