- Permanent full time role
- Clear career path and opportunity to progress
- Immediate start available
- Located on the city fridge
It’s what we do together that sets us apart
HLB Mann Judd is an advisory and accounting network that offers flexibility, creativity and a dynamic approach. Our member firms in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji have a history of innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We are particularly proud of our Client Choice Awards. For the past six years our clients have voted us ‘Best Accounting Firm’ – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
An immediate opportunity exists within our Business Services division for an Intermediate Accountant with approximately 2+ years’ experience.
The role of Intermediate Accountant is to contribute towards meeting all financial compliance requirements for our clients. You will provide support services to assist with tax returns, calculations and payments, provide proactive advice on tax issues and tax dispute resolutions. You will also be required to coordinate reconciliation and monthly reporting to the Private Client – Partner. You will be required to design and implement an end-to-end solution tailored to our growing client needs.
The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for analysing, interpreting and reporting of financial metrics including:
- Assist in the identification and analysis of tax compliance and filing requirements.
- Develop awareness of new tax legislation and significant legal decisions.
- Assist in the identification and analysis of specific tax planning and structuring opportunities.
- Assist to plan timing of tax liabilities.
- Determine tax liabilities.
- Advise clients on tax compliance requirements.
- Assist to prepare and file returns and agree to tax assessments.
- Assist with written tax articles, tax papers and tax seminars.
- Participate in managing key relationships and networks.
These duties will be performed in a team environment and it is essential that the successful applicant has the ability to work as part of a team under the direction of Divisional Managers and Partners.
The successful candidate
To be eligible for this role, candidates must have:
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience;
- Commenced the CA Program;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, MYOB, Xero, Quickbooks;
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop solid relationships both internally and externally;
- A commercial approach and be a strategic thinker; and
- A passion for client service.
What’s in it for you?
HLB Mann Judd’s Adelaide office (“the Firm”) is a 10 Partner firm, providing a wide range of accounting, auditing, taxation and consulting services to SME’s, government entities, privately owned groups and listed companies. The firm is a member of the HLB Mann Judd Australasian Association which consists of 9 member firms and 3 representative firms and has approximately 85 partners and 600 staff members.
We are a member of HLB International, a global network of advisory and accounting firms providing professional services in over 150 countries throughout nearly 750 office locations.
In return for your commitment and expertise, HLB Mann Judd will support you in progressing your career and provides a supportive, friendly working environment. As a leading professional services firm, we are committed to developing our people. We do this by offering:
- The opportunity to work in a reputable mid-tier accounting practice;
- A friendly environment where everyone feels part of a team;
- On-going professional development;
- Genuine work/life integration;
- Competitive remuneration.
If you have the requisite skills and experience and would like to work with us, then please apply by sending a cover letter describing your suitability for the position, along with a current resume to Maria Feleppa, HR Manager.