- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Strong team with a supportive culture
- Client Choice award winners
HLB Mann Judd is a leading award-winning chartered accounting and advisory firm. Our tagline, ‘together we make it happen,’ recognises that our people are the firm’s strongest asset.
We are a proud member of HLB International, the global advisory and accounting network that offers flexibility, creativity and a dynamic approach. Through the power of 40,831 professionals across 156 countries, we combine local expertise and global capabilities to serve client needs. We are part of the Australasian Association firms with representation throughout Australia, New Zealand and Fiji. HLB has a history of innovation, collaboration and is dedicated to helping clients grow across borders.
We are particularly proud of our awards and recognition. Most recently, we were named Finalist for the Best Accounting & Consulting Services Firm ($100m-$200m revenue) category at the 2023 Client Choice Awards. HLB Mann Judd has a long track record of successes at the awards since 2012 – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
We are looking for an experienced Intermediate Accountant to join our high performing Business Services and Advisory division.
To be successful you will have:
A successful candidate will have excellent problem-solving, analytical skills and taxation knowledge. Worked for around 2 to 4 years in professional services employment and is in progress or has completed the CA program. You will also posess exceptional communication and written capability, in order to attend to client queries in a timely and professional manner.
Working in a high-performing accounting and tax team, you will be responsible for the following tasks but not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing tax calculations and income tax returns for individuals, companies, partnerships (e.g. review financial accounts, prepare tax calculation & working paper, computer input, index, OFS letter etc.)
- Prepare financial statements, cash flow statements, advising on auditing financial reports etc.
- Have an understanding of tax technical concepts affecting our individual, SME business and investment clients, including, but not limited to GST, Division 7A, Personal Services Income and Capital Gains Tax
- Managing own workflow/review work in progress activities against budget/ expectations
- Applying and developing working knowledge of accounting concepts and contribute to build on this knowledge
What we offer:
Our culture reflects our dedication to training & development and employee wellbeing. Some of our benefits include:
- A supportive team environment with training and development opportunities
- Convenient office location in Eagle Street
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Access to our EAP and wellbeing benefits.
- Dress for your Day
- Client and employee referral bonus
- Social functions
If you are interested, click Apply now and complete the online application.
Alternatively, you can forward your CV to our HR Advisor, Chad Molenaar, at firstname.lastname@example.org