Are you looking to join a firm where client feedback is encouraged? Become part of a culture that is always looking to improve on our client service.
- Full-time position
- Empowering, supportive culture
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Client Choice award winners
HLB Mann Judd is a leading award-winning chartered accounting and advisory firm. Through natural growth, our firm has become one of Sydney’s highly regarded “mid-sized, people focused” accounting practices. We deliver a wide range of Advisory and financial services in addition to audit, accounting, and taxation services to private and publicly listed companies, family businesses, not for profit organisations and individuals.
We are a proud member of HLB International, the global advisory and accounting network that offers flexibility, creativity and a dynamic approach. Through the power of 38,732 professionals across 157 countries, we combine local expertise and global capabilities to serve client needs. We are part of the Australasian Association firms with representation throughout Australia, New Zealand and Fiji. HLB has a history of innovation, collaboration and is dedicated to helping clients grow across borders.
We are particularly proud of our awards and recognition. Most recently, we were named Finalist for the Best Accounting & Consulting Services Firm ($100m-$200m revenue) category at the 2023 Client Choice Awards. HLB Mann Judd has a long track record of successes at the awards since 2012 – a testament to our great people delivering great results!
Our Sydney office, which is made up of 180 staff and 16 partners, is looking for an experienced and talented Audit Assistant Manager or Manager to join our high performing Audit & Assurance division based in our brand new office in Barangaroo.
Your day-to-day will have you involved in running audit engagements ensuring successful completion through to providing guidance to the junior staff as well as looking for opportunities to engage with clients and add value.
The role involves:
- Coordinating and executing audits from planning to completion
- Collaboratively interacting with your team(s) to elevate team competence and improve productivity
- Working through complex financial reporting issues and accounting transactions
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Working closely with Partners and internal stakeholders to implement appropriate improvement measures
Our Audit & Assurance division has over 50 people and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to experience and progress through various career pathways.
To be successful you will have:
- CA/CPA qualification
- Experienced, proactive and team focused professional with recent external audit manager experience
- Proven history of delivering high quality audit engagements
- Strong project management skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Exceptional communicator, with methodical problem-solving abilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
- You act with integrity and show care for the people you work with
What we offer:
Our culture reflects our dedication to training & development, career opportunities and employee & life wellbeing. Some of our benefits include:
- A supportive team environment with training and development opportunities
- Convenient office location in Barangaroo
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Dress for your day
- A comprehensive wellbeing program including access to our EAP, discounted health insurance, lunchtime sports teams, flu shots and health screens.
- Paid parental leave and purchased leave option
- Client and employee referral bonus and service awards
- Social functions – both virtual and in person
- CSR and Volunteering opportunities
At HLB Mann Judd, our values reflect the culture of our firm. Our exceptional people are experts at what they do. We have invested in the best people and have robust tools and processes to support them so they can provide value to you.
If you are interested, click Apply now and complete the online application.
Alternatively, you can forward your CV to our P&C Manager, Rae Barrow, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the successful applicant will be required to undertake a National Police Check as part of our reference checking process.
At HLB Mann Judd, the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. Every successful team is made up of a unique set of individuals. We are seeking candidates who are ready to bring their point of difference to Team HLB. If you require any additional support or reasonable adjustments made during the recruitment process, please contact the HR team at 02 9020 4000 or email@example.com.