Further to November’s budget, which we summarised here, the NSW Government has opened applications for the Jobs Plus Program.
The program is designed for businesses which are looking to expand their business operations in NSW and are:
- Australian businesses with at least 20 employees, or
- International companies with 80 employees.
- Payroll tax relief for up to 4 years for each new position.
- Subsidised training for new employees included in the program.
- Access to free or subsidised Government accommodation for businesses with high growth potential.
- Infrastructure rebates.
- The business must create at least 30 net new full time equivalent jobs by 30 June 2024.
- The business must be starting a new project or business operation in NSW to create these jobs. This can include relocating a business operation which is currently performed outside of NSW.
- All new employees must live and be paid in NSW.
- The business must apply for the program and start hiring new employees by 30 June 2022.
The Program will be open for applications from 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2022 with a target to support 25,000 new jobs where job creation is initiated by 30 June 2022 and complete by 30 June 2024.
More information can be found at this link.
Please contact us if you would like to consider application for the program or discuss eligibility.