Our ‘Navigating the Way Out’ webinars honed in on the areas of the business that owners and leadership teams should focus on as we look past COVID.
Below is a summary of each webinar as well as links to the presentations and presentation slides.
Part 3 – Where are we now?
Held on 17 February 2022 this webinar looked at the business challenges happening post the Omicron wave, the economic bounce and the effect upcoming State and Federal elections will have.
Paul Damkjaer – CEO, International Forwarders and Customs Brokers Association of Australia joined the panelists to discuss the issues their members are seeing with the supply chain.
- There are many external factors affecting the Australian economy
- Supply chain and staffing issues continue to be challenging for business
- The official cash rate has remained stable at 0.1% however interest rates are creeping up
- 2021 saw a record-breaking number of IPOs
Part 2 – Black Friday, 2022 bounce and Chipageddon!
Held on 10 November 2021, this webinar looked at the challenges businesses faced in the lead up to Christmas and the online retail frenzy.
Scott Carson Commercial Manager of the International Forwarders and Customs Brokers Association of Australia joined the panelists to discuss the issues their members are seeing with the supply chain.
- Year-end retail opportunities and challenges – will bricks & mortar retail bounce?
- Property lending and mortgage update – key market trends
- Preparing for ongoing supply chain challenges
- Will 2022 be the year of the exit? – get your succession plan in order now
- Prepare now for success in 2022 – cash will be king
Part 1 – NSW business towards 2022 and beyond
Held on 26 September 2021, NSW businesses were just exiting their longest lockdown period which brought about a new set of challenges.
- Australia has performed better than most OECD nations
- There is a great opportunity for a second bounce
- Lenders have money on offer in the SME sector
- Having the right staff continues to be very important